While every student is different, our work generally follows a familiar pattern.
At our first meetings, the goal is getting to know one another and gathering the pertinent information about your family and your student for the coming journey. We will review coursework, assess academic strengths, discover interests and talents, and begin to lay the groundwork to develop goals for the future. Guidance includes:
- Review of student transcript
- Suggested student extracurricular activities
- Personality and learning style assessments and interpretation
- Development of a personal resume
Once the groundwork has been laid, we will work to develop an initial list of schools and explore them to determine which colleges are the best match for your student and his/her unique needs, wants, interests and talents. Guidance includes:
- Coaching on how to conduct college research
- Planning for college visits and tours
- Understanding undergraduate coursework for desired majors
- Standardized test timelines, preparation and recommendations for support
Application & Decision
Students begin the process of building their applications for admissions and developing essays to showcase their unique strengths. Guidance includes:
- Interview preparation and practice
- Extensive essay support
- Development of comprehensive customized timelines with tasks and deadlines
- Identifying financial and merit aid opportunities
- Determining Early Action/Early Decision strategies
I prefer to meet in person with students and families but also communicate through email, text, Skype/Facetime and/or phone when appropriate and/or necessary.
Students and families receive access to a personalized CustomCollegePlan account for 24/7 access to unique and proprietary organizational, communication, information and planning tools for the journey.